Imam Nadim Bashir
Imam Nadim was born in Florida and moved to the DFW Metroplex at a very young age. In 1989 he traveled overseas where he memorized the entire Quran by the age of 11.
He has earned a reputation for being a good reciter of the Quran from memory. He began the Alim Course at Jamia Madinatul-Uloom, New Orleans as a student of Shaykh Abdur Rahman Patel. He then went overseas to study at Jamia Taalimul-Islam, Dewsbury, U.K. for several years where he received Ijaazaat in various Islamic Sceinces, including Arabic, Fiqh (Jurisprudence), Hadith, Tafseer, Tajweed, and Qira'ah. He graduated in 2003 with a Masters in Islamic Studies and has been serving Deen in the U.S. till today.
From 2006-2009, he served as the lead Quranic instructor at a Quranic Academy in Arlington. In 2008 he served as the head of the Arabic and Islamic Studies department in IANT Quranic Academy which is located in Richardson. Prior to joining EPIC, he was serving as an instructor at Qalam Institute, and as the Imam of the Islamic Association of Mid Cities (Colleyville Masjid). We pray that Allah will enable Imam Nadim and the community to work together for the unity and prosperity of the community.
A SUMMARY OF HIS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading the daily prayers
- Leading Jumah prayer and delivering the khutbah
- Leading Eid Prayers and giving the khutbah
- Leading the Taraweeh prayers
- Providing Islamic education services including Qur'anic Tafsir, Tajwid, Hadith, Seerah, Fiqh, and more
- Providing focused Islamic education services to youth and sisters
- Acting as a resource for Islamic knowledge and provide daily office hours to answer individual questions
- Providing periodic educational conferences/ workshops
- Participating in and facilitating outreach and interfaith activities that further good relations with non-Muslims
- Providing basic family counseling
- Providing marriage and funeral services Representing EPIC at conferences and events